An active and healthy lifestyle, although it doesn’t always come easy, is the liaison that keeps everything in our lives at satisfactory levels. Looking to lose weight? Eat healthy and stay active. Want to stay in shape or have a fit body? Exercise and watch your diet. Having trouble sleeping? Eat better and practice sports.
As most of us already know, there are no downsides of an active lifestyle, which is why we here at Teatox have thought about tackling one of the most beloved sports of our modern times: cycling, and tell you all about it.
Whether you are an athletic person or simply looking to improve your lifestyle, cycling remains one of the best sports to practice, regardless of the weather. There are a lot of reasons to try it, and if you do, there is a big chance you will fall in love with it as soon as you see its benefits. Add one of our Teatox blends into the mix, and you are set for an amazing ride towards improving your body and relaxing your mind.
The Proven Benefits of Cycling
- It helps you lose weight and eliminate toxins through sweat; did you know than an hour of cycling can burn around 800 calories, depending on your weight?
- Cycling helps diminish stress levels, due to endorphins released in the body while you practice it
- It is one of the safest fitness-based sports – it keeps your knees, ankles and upper body safe while you work out, given that your bicycle is properly set, and you are wearing the proper equipment
- Cycling is a magnificent cardio effort, as it develops your respiratory capabilities and also improves your cardiovascular resistance
- Cycling increases bone density and decreases the risks of early osteoporosis
- It increases your muscular resistance and strengthens bones and articulations; but if you are worried about over-developing your inferior muscles, don’t be, that’s just a myth when it comes to cycling done right
- Cycling can be practiced any time of the year, both indoors and outdoors
- Cycling is a motivating sport and will help you socialize more, aside from helping you improve your body and lose the extra weight
There are a lot more benefits to practicing cycling, and a significant number of those benefits are tailored to your needs and personality, but let’s talk a little bit about the logistics of the sport also.
How to Safely Practice Cycling
If you are just starting out, the best choice is to join a fitness cycling class and tell your trainer that you are a newbie, so that you can discuss about what gear you should be wearing, what accessories you might need, and also how to properly use the bike so that you don’t injure yourself. Try to maintain a maximum heart rate between 50 and 70 %.
How to Reach Your Full Cycling Capability
The most important thing to keep in mind when contemplating reaching your full potential while cycling is that you should always do what your body tells you. Listen to the signals that say you are tired, make sure to follow a healthy diet, don’t smoke or drink before your classes, and take the time to adjust the class’ tempo to your own needs and capabilities. That way, little by little, you will increase your strength and will be able to reach your potential in no time.
Also, don’t forget to hydrate properly and to prepare your body for the demands of physical exercise. If you are going to practice cycling outdoors, whether with a group or by yourself, make sure to also factor in the weather conditions so you can avoid things like overheating.
Don’t forget that a healthy and active lifestyle’s worst enemy is routine, so rage against the routine, create yourself a suitable playlist and alternate either the setting or the sport, to keep things interesting.
What are your favorite sports for keeping yourself fit and healthy? Are you a cyclist, and if yes, what’s your favorite thing about this exhilarating training? Share your thoughts with us on Facebook and Instagram and don’t forget to incorporate our Teatox products into your healthy lifestyle for a natural boost of vitality and strength. Stay hydrated and motivated!